Your trusted advisors at Zennify understand the uncertainty that many financial institutions are experiencing with changing market conditions. As such, it’s our goal to strengthen your ability to drive efficiencies in processes and effectively manage risk. Our partnership with our clients and with nCino ensures we’re up-to-date on current business challenges and trends affecting our clients, as well as the updates to nCino’s product offerings to ensure the ongoing success of our clients.
We’re excited to share with you some highlights of the nCino Fall 2022 release. Please reach out to us to discuss how your financial institution can leverage these updates to enhance your operational efficiencies.
New Feature Highlights
Deal Proposal is a brand new Commercial Loan feature that allows relationship managers to create new deals, link them to relationships and capture other details that they might have previously kept outside of nCino.
- The new user interface will save users time and effort by capturing deal details within a centralized location, rather than having to work on loan and relationship records in separate windows.
- Admins have the ability to configure the Deal Proposal user interface to meet the needs of their business partners by adding sections related to collateral and other loan-related information.
- For more details about this feature, see the Deal Proposal section under Product Updates below.
Feature Enhancement Highlights
nCino continues to revolutionize the digital banking experience by providing new and updated features that foster risk reduction, improve productivity, reduce costs and increase revenue streams. Four of these features are explained from a high level below and will be discussed in more detail throughout this document.
1. Spreading – Avg. Periods
- Spreading periods can now utilize averages for projections – specifically for customers with seasonal-based income.
2. Smart Checklist – Custom Sub Routes (Status)
- Custom sub-statuses can be configured through controlling and dependent picklists by utilizing the already existing Status field on the Requirements object. This provides a more granular view of requirements that may be pending or need additional attention. Configuring the sub status will strengthen visibility on requirements related to loans in specific stages.
- Users with the ‘Edit Assignee’ permission can now assign specific users to requirements.
3. Document Manager
- Placeholders can now be generated based on loan child objects.
4. Rate & Payments
- Users can now calculate odd days interest, validate rate limits, support irregular payments, and calculate loans with non-fractional currency.
The following section will break down our top product enhancements from the Fall 2022 Product Release Notes. The remaining product features can be found in the official nCino article.
1. Accessibility for Customer Portal and the nCino User Interface
Enhancements have been made using Lightning Web Components to improve a user’s navigation experience in the Customer Portal and nCino UI. These enhancements include:
- A new progress bar including a back button, percentage complete, improved mobile navigation, and general user experience enhancements.
- A site map feature that allows online customers to track their progress within the Customer Engagement Solution. The map includes product, service, and support features for easy access.
- An indicator for all required fields in online application, preventing the creation and maintenance of a custom CSS.
2. Automated Spreading
Automated Spreading enhancements are focused on usability and Tax Statements. These changes improve user control and also improve the overall user experience by improving how and where different items are displayed.
- General Enhancements
- In the data selection, stage boxes can be drawn so that they don’t overlap.
- Pages that are marked as No Data or Unidentified can be hidden when there’s no page classification.
- Tax Statement Enhancements
- Administrators can disable the self-learning mode for data selection to preserve the template when it’s working and prevent any future errors from negatively affecting the model.
- System indicators show if self-learning mode is enabled and what type of template is used.
- Moved the Tax Statement Administration page so that it shows on the Automated Spreading page.
- Added default template for common use cases.
- Financial Items can now be captured on multiple lines.
3. Collateral Management
With the need to capture additional information spending on the type of collateral, nCino has added 5 new custom objects to their data model! Additional enhancements have been added to streamline the collateral workflow as well.
- The 5 new custom objects that are included are: Real Estate Property Details, Titled Property Details, Possessory Property Details, UCC, Property Details, and Other Property Details.
- Doc Prep mappings will be supported for these objects in the future.
- When creating collateral, the system can now conditionally render dependent fields based on previously inputted values – showing fields only when they need to be populated. This helps users pinpoint exactly which fields will need completion.
- Advanced services that allow technical users to perform collateral actions without the utilization of the collateral management UI.
4. Commercial Pricing and Profitability
Pricing and profitability has been enhanced to provide additional support for products, complex pricing, and performance improvements related to calculations.
- Users can configure calculations for Booked Deposit Profitability through Insights Model Administration.
- Borrower Prepayment Probability and Prepayment Penalty Structures can now be factored into Commercial Pricing and Profitability calculations.
- Portfolio Profitability calculation efficiency has been improved to run on a larger number of loan and deposit records to ensure an accurate view of the Relationship Profitability.
5. Credit Actions
Credit Actions can now be applied to loan child records if the action was initiated from the main loan.
- A cascade setting can be enabled for credit actions which will automatically apply the renewal, modification, or review of a parent loan to its child records.
- New custom permission, Credit Review – Perform Reviews, and new permission set, Credit Actions and Reviews – User, is now required to perform credit reviews.
6. Credit Analysis: Debt Schedule
Debt Schedules have been enhanced to include more configuration options and flexibility for simpler debt analysis.
- Admins can configure the debt schedule to provide credit analysts with a more granular and flexible view of their data.
- Admins can create loan and credit report data mappings to Debt Schedule rows.
- Debt calculations can be performed across column data.
- Admins can configure formulas to calculate payment amounts and frequencies.
- Debt records/rows can be deleted within a Debt Schedule.
- Scenarios can be created to track payment amounts and long-term debts.
7. Credit Analysis: Spreads
You can now set the spread period to be an average, for accurately spreading customers who have seasonal incomes. This new feature will help analysts speed up credit decisions and produce faster projections.
- Credit Analysts can select various years worth of financial data and create a period from the average of its seasonal periods.
- Admins can configure the purpose for a template as Average and define which rows to average and which to not average.
8. Deal Proposal
As mentioned at the beginning of the article, Deal Proposal will be the game changer for Relationship Managers as it will streamline how they create new deals and ensure they are associating relationships accurately and efficiently.
- Users can now create loan and relationship details (including collateral, deal team members, notes, and borrowing structure) within a single UI, rather than having to navigate between related records.
- Some additional features within this centralized interface include: deleting or cloning loans and advancing the loan through its stages without having to toggle between multiple records.
- Deal Proposal is highly configurable and utilizes lightning web components for flexibility.
9. Document Manager
The Doc Man enhancements for this release will give back admins some time in their day and also allow them to configure more granular approaches to existing placeholder work streams.
- Doc Man permission sets can now be utilized in permission set groups, which streamlines the process of assigning permission sets in bulk.
- This is considered a nCino gold standard.
- Admins can configure placeholders to automatically generate based on related records – i.e, a loans child object.
- For example, if a user adds a co-borrower or covenant to a loan, the system can automatically generate placeholders for those document requirements.
10. Entity Involvement
Entity Involvement now provides admins with the ability to level up their existing data requirements for relationships. In addition, the system will now store entity involvement order creation.
- Admins can configure which fields display in the Add New Relationship modal. You can either utilize the managed field set or create a custom field set.
- The order in which entities are created is now captured within the system and is utilized to display the sequence in which borrowers appear on loan documents.
11. Rate and Payment Structure
Rate and Payment Structure has been improved to help streamline complex pricing scenarios.
- Users can now enter rates below or above the predefined rate limits which allows floating index rates to be calculated easily.
- Prior to this enhancement, the system would not allow a user to calculate the amortization schedule, but now the system just sends a message if the floating rate is above or below the rate limit.
- Irregular payments are now supported – this is specifically targeted for customers with seasonal income. Embedded in the workflow, a user can choose to skip a payment instance that is not associated with the seasonality of the customer’s income.
- Users can now apply odd days of interest (see Retail Lending Calculations – Global).
- Nonfractional currency can now be supported (see Retail Lending Calculations – Global).
12. Retail Lending Calculations
Similarly, Retail Lending improvements have been made to streamline complex pricing scenarios. In addition, there are now permission requirements for performing specific actions in Online Application.
- Users can now apply odd days of interest for the first payment or calculate it as a separate charge. Prior to this feature, it was always shown as a pre-paid fee in the system.
- Non-fractional currency is now supported. Rather than having payment rounding, the system now requests that Sherman Compliance Calculations (SCC) runs the payment as non-fractional.
- Online Application now has required permission sets and custom permissions for generating offers and performing auto decisioning.
- Retail Pricing – Generate Offers Permissions and Retail Pricing – Generate Offers.
- Retail Pricing – Run Auto Decision Permissions and Retail Pricing – Run Auto Decision.